Friday 8 June 2012

Our Jubilee

For the last post of the week, I just wanted to share some pictures with you showing some of the things we did for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. 

Sadly, there were no street parties near us so we never got to attend one but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. 

Here you are:

We checked to see whether we all liked butter.



We found some swirly whirly oversized teacups at the village Jubilee party.


Corey experienced scraped knees for the very first time. And I seem to have found what was at the end of that rainbow... :)


We found a patriotic bear.


Sophie had her face painted. She found it hard to believe however that the princesses of the Royal Family didn't wear ballgowns and cone hats with floaty tails. 


And we had chocolate. 

We may not have done much but we have enjoyed all the Jubilee festivities, it's made me realise how proud I am to be British. I hope there's another celebration in 5 years time, I quite fancy finding (or planning) a local street party! 

So I suppose the next big event would be the Euro's football tournament, well, it starts today actually. I should've known that since my husband has been counting down to this since the Premier League season ended. Let's hope England do well this time eh? I may purchase some St George decorations and decorate the home.


I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I'll see you back here next week. 
Love,
Kaye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, I will always try and reply. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my blog.